Garrett Park is a small, charming town in Montgomery County with a rich history. Although it is a small town, there are still plenty of things to do in Garrett Park and the surrounding areas.
Suggestions On What To Do
- Visit the Garrett Park Farmers Market: This farmers market takes place on Saturdays from May through November and features fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
- Explore the town: The Park has a small, walkable downtown area that’s worth exploring. Take a stroll through the town to see the historic homes and buildings, visit the post office, and stop by the Garrett Park Town Hall. The town has preserved many of its historic buildings and landmarks, including the B&O Railroad Station, which is now home to the Garrett Park Historical Society.
- Visit the Black Market Bistro: The Black Market Bistro is a popular restaurant in Garrett Park that serves American cuisine with a European twist. The restaurant is located in a historic building and has a cozy, rustic atmosphere. In good weather, you can have lunch on the front porch!
- Explore Rock Creek Park: Rock Creek Park is a beautiful natural area with hiking trails, picnic areas, and a nature center. It’s a great place to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise.
- Take a tour of the Strathmore Mansion: The Strathmore Mansion is a historic mansion dating back to 1899 that has been converted into an art center. It features a variety of exhibits, concerts and events throughout the year. Plan to include tea in the afternoon at the Mansion. It is a great way to take a break and treat yourself!
- Visit the National Museum of Health and Medicine: This museum is located in nearby Silver Spring and features exhibits on the history of medicine and the human body. This is a perfect place to take the kids in the group who thrive on “gross” and “yuck!”
- Attend a concert at the Music Center at Strathmore: The Music Center at Strathmore is a world-class concert venue that features a variety of performances throughout the year. For instance, the Baltimore Symphony frequently performs at the Music Center.
- Play at the Garrett Park Playground: The Playground is a popular destination for families with young children. It features swings, slides, and climbing structures.
- Take a bike ride on the Capital Crescent Trail: The Capital Crescent Trail is a popular bike trail that runs from Georgetown in Washington, D.C. to Bethesda. The trail passes through Garrett Park and is a great way to see the area’s natural beauty.
- Visit the Kensington Farmers Market: The Kensington Farmers Market is a weekly event that’s held on Saturday mornings in nearby Kensington. The market features local farmers and artisans selling fresh produce, baked goods, and other items.
- Take a stroll through the Kensington Antiques District. Find the perfect curio or piece of furniture for your new Victorian home in Garrett Park.
Activities and Attractions
These are just a few of the things to do. Whether you’re interested in nature, history, or just exploring the town, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
The town is also home to several parks and nature preserves, including the Garrett Park Conservation Trust, which works to protect the town’s natural resources. The town is also known for its annual Labor Day parade and other community events.
If you are curious about what is on the market right now, just click here to start your search If you have any questions about Garrett Park, please give us a call at 240-401-5577 or email us at email@example.com.
What’s on the Market for Garrett Park?