If you are thinking of a move to Chevy Chase, MD, you might wonder who is hiring and who you would like to work for. Here are the top employers in Chevy Chase MD. Happy job hunting!
Somehow, Chevy Chase and Bethesda have become the home to some of the top hospitality companies and employers in the United States.
- Marriott International: This hospitality company is headquartered in nearby Bethesda and has several properties in Chevy Chase, providing jobs in hotel management, hospitality, and service. Marriott International is an industry leader with over 150,000 employees and an annual revenue of $13.9B. The recently opened LEED Gold headquarters building on Wisconsin Avenue towers over Bethesda with 21 stories and 785,000 square feet of space.
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC The company has 108 luxury hotels and resorts in 30 countries and territories with 29,158 rooms, in addition to 46 hotels with 8,755 rooms planned for the future. The Ritz Carlton Hotel Company, with 40,000 employees, is a subsidiary of Marriott International.
Chevy Chase and Bethesda are also home to large health care complexes and employers.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): This government agency has several campuses in the area, providing jobs in biomedical research, science, and administration. The National Institutes of Health is made up of 27 different components called Institutes and Centers. NIH has approximately 19,000 employees in Bethesda.
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center: This military hospital is located just outside of Chevy Chase and provides jobs in healthcare, administration, and support services.
- Johns Hopkins University: This renowned university has a campus in nearby Bethesda and provides jobs in education, research, and administration.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute. The HHMI is an American research organization in Chevy Chase, founded in 1952 by Howard Hughes. It is one of the largest private funding organizations for biological and medical research in the US. HHMI has an annual investment in biomedical research of about $825 million and an endowment of $22.6 billion, making it the second wealthiest philanthropic organization in the US and the second-best endowed medical research foundation in the world.
- MedImmune LLC, a subsidiary of AstraZeneca, is a biotechnology company that specializes in developing vaccines and immunotherapy products. With over 3,000 employees in Montgomery County, MedImmune is a vital part of the county’s life sciences industry.
- Adventist HealthCare, Holy Cross Hospital, and Montgomery County Public Schools are other major employers in Montgomery County, each with over 3,000 employees. These employers provide essential services to the community and contribute to the county’s healthcare and education industries.
- Montgomery County Government and The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine also employ thousands of people in the county, making them important players in the county’s government and nonprofit sectors
Since Washington is home to the Federal Government and the Pentagon is just across the Potomac River, it’s no surprise that Chevy Chase is home to at least one defense contractor.
- Lockheed Martin: This global aerospace and defense company has a significant presence in Chevy Chase, providing jobs in engineering, technology, and defense.
- Raytheon Technologies Corp. Raytheon is an American multinational aerospace and defense conglomerate headquartered in Arlington VA. it is one of the largest aerospace and defense manufacturers in the world by revenue and market capitalization as well as one of the largest providers of intelligence services.
The last big employment category is financial – banking and insurance.
- GEICO: This insurance company has its headquarters in nearby Chevy Chase, providing jobs in insurance, customer service, and claims processing. GEICO is a private auto insurance company owned by Berkshire Hathaway. It is the second largest auto insurer in the United States. GEICO was founded in 1936 to provide auto insurance directly to federal government employees and their families. GEICO has approximately 40,000 employees.
- Capital One: This financial services company has a large presence in the nearby town of McLean, Virginia, providing jobs in finance, technology, and customer service.