There are lots of reasons to renovate your kitchen. You just bought a fixer upper or a diamond in the rough, and you want to create the kitchen of your dreams. You have been in your house for ten years and it’s time to replace the appliances and upgrade. Or…. you are planning to move and you know that your kitchen is out of date. If you’re thinking of upgrades that increase your home’s resale value, as well as your own enjoyment, you don’t have to break the bank. Check out this list of easy kitchen upgrades for resale top dollar!
Designers advise putting your money into six specific areas for kitchen upgrades for resale top dollar:
- Appliances – Replace basic white or black appliances with stainless steel. New appliances will not only update the look of your kitchen but will likely be more energy efficient.
- Cabinets – It’s amazing what a coat of white paint will do to make your kitchen pop. But your cabinets are beyond painting, re-facing them will save you big bucks over replacing them.
- Hardware – Replacing standard cabinet hardware with fresh, bold designs is the easiest (read, ‘cheapest’) way to upgrade the look of any kitchen. Choose hardware that’s trendy, like oiled bronze or even brass, which is making a comeback, or contemporary styles that make a statement.
- Countertops – High end stone and ornate beveling is in vogue and expensive, but granite is becoming more affordable. Shop around for a good deal and this upgrade may cost less than you think.
- Back splash – A snazzy back splash is a focal point in the kitchen. The right one also can draw the eye away from kitchen flaws that might otherwise be glaring. Subway tile, which is a classic and sought-after option, is still a safe choice. Another idea is to add a splash of color with a variety of reasonable materials available at most home stores.
- Lighting – An instant style makeover can be as simple as replacing that old overhead fixture with recessed lighting. Buyers also love under-counter lighting, and/or new accent lighting over a breakfast bar or kitchen table.
I hope you found these kitchen upgrades for resale top dollar helpful. Contact me today with your real estate questions! My goal is always to put more money in your pocket when you sell your home!