Park View is an up and coming (or already arrived depending on your point of view) neighborhood in Northwest DC directly north of Howard University. Development in Park View really started heating up around 2009, and 10 years later there are now a plethora of great restaurants and shops. Park View offers easy walkability to hot neighborhoods like Shaw and also boasts 2 metro stops on the Yellow/Green line for access to the rest of the city (not to mention direct metro access to Reagan National airport.) Park View is a lovely place to stroll, and it offers both peace and quiet on residential streets with a thriving commercial section on Georgia Avenue. Without further ado, here is a list of the best things to do, places to eat and drink, and a little information on housing in Park View:
Dining and Drinking
1. Call Your Mother: a bagel sandwich spot with a line around the block every weekend morning, serving up DC’s best bagels (no contest!), named one of the country’s best new restaurants in 2019 by Bon Appetit
2. The Midlands Beer Garden: Indoor-outdoor space boasting a large craft beer and cider menu, plus bar fare (think nachos) and your classic giant pretzels, games and TVs for entertainment plus four legged friends welcome!
3. Sonny’s Pizza: pizza join serving slices and whole pies, in addition to chicken and eggplant parms on focaccia, plus meatballs! Very cool interior that will transport you back to the 60s
Things to Do
1. Story District: a very unique performing arts organization with a focus on autobiographical storytelling; Story District offers classes and puts on live performances where people tell stories about pretty much anything in their lives (they have an upcoming “Best of the Worst” show on October 22nd where storytellers tell hilarious tales of their worst jobs, decisions, trips, dates, you get the idea!)
2. Hook Hall: this massive bar space has it all for all occasions–a full bar with craft beer and cocktails, Vigilante coffee in the mornings with a small but tasty breakfast/lunch menu, plus full sized shuffleboard courts, ping pong tables, a backyard beer garden perfect for nice fall and spring days complete with private cabanas that can be reserved in advance (and each has a minibar stocked with drink mixers and snacks!), finally, this place boast a bring-your-own pint ice cream toppings bar, complete with cherries, fudge, sprinkles etc.–needless to say, kids welcome!
3. Salsa with Silvia, Yoga Heights, and walking: a few fun ways to burn off the food and drink from all those beers and bagel sandwiches include Salsa with Silvia, a local dance and salsa studio, Yoga Heights, which offers everything from hot and power yoga classes to gentle restorative sessions; finally, Park View is incredibly walkable–strolling is the best way to find new places, we especially recommend walking over to Cardozo Education Campus and checking out the beautiful view as the school sits atop a hill on 13th Street.
Let’s talk affordability. The most expensive home to sell in the last 6 months in Park View is a two unit rowhouse. Each unit had four bedrooms and three full baths for a total of 2300 square feet each. That sold for $1,400,000! On the other hand, one bedroom one bath completely remodeled condos with stainless appliances and hardwood floors have sold in Park View for $270,000–clearly there is a home for everyone’s price point in Park View!
If all of this has got you itching to move to Park View, give Lise a call at 2401-401-5577 to start your search!